Derek is the founder and CEO of i360medical a company aiming to actively bridge collaborative connections and innovations between patient care, industry, academia, clinical stakeholders and government agencies in Europe and USA.
- i360medical Ltd., Founder & CEO
- Co-founded several European medical device companies including Medtech, Advanced Surgical Concepts and Haptica
- Joined the Royal College of Surgeons (RCSI) in Dublin and established Healthcare Innovation Hub
- Spearheaded and completed at least 12 Medical Device exits with key international Healthcare MNC over the last 12 years
- Partnered with and has the direct support from a number of significant figures in the medical device and clinical sector including Enterprise Ireland, Cleveland Clinic, NSLIJ, Cincinnati Children’s Hospital, A*Star Singapore, Synecor Inc. and a number of Hospital groups in Ireland, Central Europe, and Australia
- Key speaker/advisor and board member with Charité tech transfer expert panel Berlin, Charité Entrepreneurship Summit, German Accelerator Life Sciences Boston, Irish Government Dept. of Innovation & Enterprise, Health XL Dublin, IceHouse NZ, Startupboot Camp NY and Editorial Advisory Board Medical Design Technology (MDT) Magazine USA
- Has a background in Mechanical Engineering, CEng, Surgical Innovation and Business Development from the Austin Waldron and Dublin Institute of Technology in Ireland